December 10, 2009

A Christmas Birth

Christmas is coming! Can you believe that Christmas will be here in less than two weeks?! I can't. I am not even ready for Christmas. We have only bought one present for our girls...and being that they can't read, I will let you know that its a Wii. I don't know what I am going to get my wife yet...I haven't even made a list. My wife asked me what I want for Christmas and I had to sit and think for several minutes before anything came to my mind.

Its not that I don't want or don't like presents - I do! I just can't believe that Christmas is already here. I don't know what it is, but time seems to fly...and pick up speed each year. I remember when I was a kid, time seemed to stand still. My parents would start talking about Christmas after Thanksgiving and it would seem like it was taking it years to arrive. Now, Thanksgiving is over and then I wake up and it seems like its Christmas already. Why?! Why does time seem to speed up as we grow?

Is it due to the fact that we have more experiences in which to compare it to? Is it because our lives are so packed with things to get done that since we don't have enough time to get them done life seems to be picking up speed?

Whatever the case maybe, many seemed to be in a rush to make Christmas "happen." What is it that makes Christmas happen? Is it family or religion, games or presents, a tree? Deeper yet, what is the purpose of Christmas?

I would hazard to guess that many of us would say that its either about religion, or presents, or family, or even magic. However, I believe its more then any of these. I think Christmas is about being born. What do I mean by this? Well, just like the first Christmas (for which its celebrated), it was about a birth.

What birth do you need? Is it a new dream? Is it to breathe life into an old dream? Is it a deeper communication level in a relationship? Is it to start a relationship?

Whatever it is, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment