March 3, 2010

Light Years Apart

The distance between your head and your heart can feel light years apart. There are times that I know what I should do in my head but my heart seems like its lagging far behind. That being said, there are times that I feel things in my heart but it takes time for my head to wrap around those feelings.

Right now, this is being seen in how I deal with my kids. I need to remember that they are only 5 and 3. My good friend told me today that I have to remember that my kids are only 3 and 5. I know this in my head, but again, my heart lags behind. At times, I want them to behave like an adult - or at least a sixteen year old. The one thing I ask them to do is clean their room and there are times that it doesn't get done. Its at these time that I get frustrated and expect more out of them.

One of the reasons this could be is that at work, being that I am the manager, people do what I have ask them to do. Please note, it is not that I am overbearing or demanding, it's just that things need to get done and I ask them to do it. When it comes to my kids, I want them to do what I have asked them to do too. I have to remember that they are still not cognitive to what I am really asking them. I have to let them be kids. One of the other reasons, if I am honest, is that I don't want a kid to ignore me. Again, their kids!

Heart, did you hear that? I need to let them be kids! I am really working on getting my head and heart to be on the same page. Keep tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment